I absolutely love hummus. It is a staple in our home and kitchen and I have shared many different variations of this smashed chickpea dip! My super smooth hummus is a favorite. This recipe is for my avocado hummus and zaatar chips recipe.
If you’ve never had zaatar, it is an earthy blend of dried thyme, oregano, toasted sesame seeds, sumac and salt. I got mine while visiting Lebanon, but you can find it in your local Middle Eastern Store or on Amazon
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup tahini
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley (more for garnish, if desired)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 corn tortillas (I use Maria and Ricardos Corn tortillas)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons zaatar
- Inn a food processor, pulse together chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt, cumin and tahini until smooth.
- Add in the avocado and pulse until smooth. If the mixture is very thick, add one tablespoon cold water to loosen. Add a second tablespoon, if needed.
- Taste and adjust salt, if needed.
- Top with EVOO, and parsley leaves.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut tortillas into wedges. Using a pastry brush, brush olive oil on both sides of the tortilla wedges.
- Sprinkle with zaatar.
- Arrange on baking sheet, in a flat single layer.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden. Be sure to turn tray half way thru cooking.
- Allow to cool
- Enjoy 🙂
This recipe and post are made in partnership with Maria and Ricardos. All opinions and content are my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who allow me to create and share these fun, new recipes! They help keep this blog going 🙂
make this recipe? I’d love to see! Please tag me using #CreateAmandasPlate or @AmandasPlate!