I love browning butter for cookies. Ever since I started doing so with my Salted Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, I have been obsessed (and so have all of you). I am sure you will all love Brown Butter Pecan Cookies, just as much as chocolate chip ones!
I came to the idea for this cookie via pintrest, and had to re-create them. The base recipe is the same as my chocolate chip cookie. Instead of the chocolate chips, this recipe calls for the butter toasted pecans 😀
I’ve made these a few times and each time, I enjoy them more and more! They’re slightly chewy, with crisp edges, and a nutty buttery flavor that is irresistible. These may be my favorite fall cookie recipe. 😀
Because these cookies need to be refrigerated, be sure to make space in your fridge before starting this recipe.
- 11 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup All Purpose Flour (I use King Arthur)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 24 pecan halves, for topping
- In a saucepan, heat butter on low heat until it is browned.
- Cool butter completely.
- While butter is cooling, in a small pan, heat 1 tablespoon butter with 1 cup chopped pecans, over medium heat. Stir constantly, until pecans are toasted, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Using a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined, but do not over mix.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix into the wet ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the cooled pecan pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a size 40 (1½ tablespoon) ice-cream scoop, scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Press on pecan halve into each cookie.
- Place the refrigerator for 10 minutes to chill.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden. The cookies will continue cooking outside the oven
- Allow to cool completely.
- Enjoy 🙂
I’m definitely going to add these to my Christmas Cookie line up! 😀
Make this recipe? I’d love to see! Please tag me using #CreateAmandasPlate or @AmandasPlate