These cranberries are the perfect garnish to all your holiday treats or to enjoy on their own 🙂
This recipe requires a 1 to 2 hour dry process so it is best to make these ahead of time. I made a large batch to keep on hand as I made my Cran-Orange Cupcakes
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup sugar to roll cranberries in
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries
- Wash cranberries and ensure all stems are removed. Place in bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat water, ¾ cup sugar, orange juice and bring to a boil. Keep on high heat until all sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and then add in orange zest. Pour over cranberries and allow them to sit in the syrup for 1 hour.
- Drain the cranberries from the syrup.
- Place ½ cup sugar onto a sheet tray.
- Roll cranberries in the sugar, remove and place on parchment paper.
- Allow cranberries to dry for 1-2 hours.
- Enjoy! 🙂