There has been an increase of biscoff desserts on my Instagram feed. I first had these cookies on Delta flights and instantly fell in love. I saw these cookies in my very rare grocery store trips and picked up both the cookies and the cookie butter… You will need one package of each for this recipe.
I shared my biscoff banana bread recipe in 2014. And it is amazing 😀
While I love a traditional cheesecake, I made this one an almost no-bake, as I wanted dessert rather quickly. I bake the crust, as it generally holds better and is so much easier to cut and serve.
While biscoff is one popular brand of speculoos cookies, these spiced shortbread are made by many companies. Even Trader Joe’s has come out with their own variation. Any brand of speculoos cookies and cookie butter will work for this recipe.
Because cookie butter is SO sweet, you really do need that little sprinkle of Maldon sea salt. Don’t skip that 😛
Cookie Butter Cheesecake
- 2 cups crushed biscoff cookies
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 8oz packages cream cheese full fat, room temperature
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cookie butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cookie butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Maldon Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. To make the crust, combine the crushed cookies and melted butter. The texture should resemble wet sand. Reserve 1/4 cup to use as garnish
- Press the crust into a 8'' spring form pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Whip 1 cup heavy cream until stiff peaks. This is crucial. Under beating and your cheesecake will not set. Remove from bowl and place in the refrigerator.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in the cookie butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the heavy cream. Place filling into your cooled crust. Wrap with plastic and set in the refridegerator for 4 hours or overnight (preferable).
- Whip 1 cup heavy cream until stiff peaks.
- Melt the cookie butter and pour over the top of the chilled cheesecake. Work quickly, and use an offset spatula to spread across the top.
- Using a piping bag, pipe on the whipped cream. Sprinkle the reserved crust crumbles on top of the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with Maldon Sea Salt. Enjoy
Make this recipe? I’d love to see. Tag me @AmandasPlate