One of my favorite *secrets* shared with hannah is licking the spatula after baking. I am not concerned with the raw egg, but the raw flour, which can transmit salmonella. The trick to this edible cookie dough, is NO eggs and heat treating the flour to kill any bacteria. Heat treating takes less than 10 minutes and is basically just baking your all purpose flour. This way we can enjoy cookie dough without the concerns of bacteria.
When I owned the bakery, butter bear shop, we used this recipe for cookie dough french macarons, cookie dough brownies and cupcakes too! This recipe also freezes well for up to 6 months.
Feel free to use other add ins, sprinkles, chocolate chunks, candy, etc. I love mini chocolate chips for this but regular work too.
How to use the cookie dough:
-On its own
-Cookie Dough Cupcakes, cheesecake topping, French Macaron filing
-Cookie Dough or Cookie Monster Brownies
Edible Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment and spread the flour on the paper. Bake for 7-10 minutes until flour is a light brown and reaches a temperature of 170 degrees F. Allow flour to cool completely.
- Using a mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add in vanilla extract, milk, and salt. Add in the cooled flour and mix to combine. Fold in chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Make this recipe? I’d love to see! Tag me using #CreateAmandasPlate