If you have worked with me, you know I love to bring treats in to work, especially for meetings. It’s a great way to make meetings more enjoyable for all 😀 And I get feedback on the recipes, as I work to develop them 😀 It’s a win-win for all <3
In preparation for a few meetings this week, I wanted to create a new cookie. After seeing some peanut butter M&Ms I decided to try a peanut butter cookie with oatmeal. They were perfectly chewy, peanut buttery and topped with fall colored PB M&M’s!
This recipe is really easy, and the cookie dough does not require any chilling (which means you can make them in 35 minutes).
These Peanut Butter Oatmeal cookies are best stored in an air tight container for up to a week. But they won’t last that long 😀
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup peanut butter M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a stand mixer, with paddle attachments, cream together butter and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the peanut butter. Mix until well combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix until just combined
- Fold in the oats.
- Using a small ice-cream or cookie scoop, scoop 12 cookies onto the baking sheet.
- Top each cookie with 1-2 M&Ms.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack.
- Enjoy 😀
Make this recipe? I’d love to see! Tag me @AmandasPlate or #CreateAmandasPlate