The official start to fall is a few weeks away, yet we are seeing pumpkin everything all around. Since our relocation to Michigan, my blogging has slowed a bit as I continue my job search, unpack and organize and get settled.
I first created my Pumpkin Nutella bread over two years ago and wanted to remake and photograph it, in time for fall. The recipe was inspired by a pumpkin bread I had found in a Food Network Magazine and I added a Nutella swirl 🙂
I also made my own pumpkin puree for this bread. Find out how to make your own pumpkin puree here
- 3½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 whole eggs
- 1¾ cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¾ cups water
- 1 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray two 9 inch loaf pans with non stick baking spray.
- In stand mixer or large bowl using mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add in eggs one at a time. Mix in pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add half of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Then add in half of the water. Add remaining flour and combine. Finally, mix in remaining water. *Do not over mix.
- Place ⅓ batter into a bowl. Mix in Nutella.
- Pour 2 cups of batter into each pan. Then layer with Nutella batter. And finally top with the remaining pumpkin batter.
- Using a butter knife, pull thru the batter and then lift thru, to swirl the Nutella.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and Enjoy 🙂
Make this recipe? I’d love to see! Tag me @AmandasPlate or using #CreateAmandasPlate