We were invited to Easter Dinner at our friends home and were asked to make an appetizer.
To some, this may seem like an easy task. But for me, I would not decide on what an appropriate appetizer for Easter would be.
I decided on a crostini, because it is durable and would act as a blank canvas! If you follow me on Snapchat if have already seen me making these live! Join me for all the first look at all my recipes! 🙂
I also wanted to feature spring vegetables. I read about a dip using caramelized shallots in NY Eats and I wanted to turn it into a spread. And so, my shallot goat cheese and spring crostini were born 😀
- 1 large loaf of bread, cut into 16⅓'' inch slices
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 16 asparagus tops
- ¼ cup fresh peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- micro greens
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange bread onto a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil
- Cook until golden brown and remove from oven and set aside
- Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in skillet and add the shallots
- Sauté the shallots until they are caramelized
- Remove the shallots from the skillet and allow to cool completely
- Using an electric mixer, combine goat cheese, shallots, salt, pepper, garlic and heavy cream.
- Place the spread into a piping bag
- Bring a pot of water to a boil
- Prepare a bowl of ice water
- Blanch the asparagus in the boiling water for 1-2 minutes, remove from pot and place immediately into the ice water
- Strain and pat dry
- Pipe spread onto the top of the toasted bread
- Top with asparagus, radishes, peas, dill and micro greens
- Enjoy 🙂