I’ve made a lot of macaroni and cheese. Some good, some not so good and one in particular was great-it is this recipe. It begins with the most incredible sauce and that is made with Cabot cheese. I absolutely love their Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese for this recipe as it balances out the heavy cream.
One of the keys of this recipe is to begin with a roux, adding the heavy cream in first and then the cheese slowly. I make my sauce using a whisk. It is important to use a block of cheese and shred it by hand or using a food processor with the shredding tool attachment.
Creamy Mac & Cheese with Cabot Cheddar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar shredded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 pound cooked elbow noodles
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a heavy bottom pot, on medium-low heat, melt butter and stir in the flour. Cook for 5 minutes until the mixture begins to bubble and the flour dissolves. Stir in the heavy cream.
- Add in the salt, ground mustard, paprika and white pepper.
- Continue whisking and add in the cheese 1/2 cup at a time, whisking well in between each addition.
- Stir in the cooked and drained noodles. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
This post and recipe are sponsored by Cabot Cheese.All content and ideas are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that help support and keep this blog going
Make this recipe? Have a variation you love? Please share! Tag me on IG using @AmandasPlate or #CreateAmandasPlate